This Cookie notice applies to the FirstRand Group. MotoVantage is a subsidiary of FirstRand Bank Limited. A simplified group structure highlighting some of the group’s major subsidiaries and businesses is shown in our Privacy Notice
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data text file sent from our website and stored on a device (like a computer or mobile phone). It helps the website to remember information about the device and how the user of the device used the website. We do not necessarily know who the user of the device is but rather the behaviour performed from a device. Multiple users of the same device would not necessarily be distinguishable from each other. However, cookies could be used to identify the device and if the device is linked to a specific user, the user would also be identifiable. For example, a trusted device registered to an App. If you wish to block or restrict cookies you can do so using the browser settings on your device.
Types of cookies:
There are two main types of cookies used on our website:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies allow us to recognise the device within our website as the user navigates from page to page. When you close your browser, these cookies are deleted.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies, which are also referred to as permanent cookies, record the user’s choices and preferences when the user visits a website. It is stored on your device until it expires or you choose to delete it.
Third party cookies:
Cookies can be first party cookies, which are owned and created by us. It can also be third party cookies which do not originate from our website but from an external third party. We may use third party cookies for example, when we use browser cookies to provide statistical data (such as the number of visitors to a site) which enables us to enhance our website. Another example of when we may use third party cookies is where we engage third parties to help us deliver advertisements and other online communications. They collect and use information about our users to help us understand the offers, promotions and types of advertising that is most appealing to our customers.
Cookies may be used for, amongst other things:
- Fraud, financial crime and other crime prevention, detection and reporting;
- Managing and improving security for us and you;
- Various analytical reasons like how users use our website so that we can make improvements;
- Marketing and advertising, for example to decide which solutions (goods, products, services or rewards) you may be interested in and to customize marketing on various applications and websites; and
- Recognition of users of our website or devices which return to
What happens if you disable cookie functionality?
You can limit the collection of your user information by disabling cookies or by clearing the browser history on your device. You may experience limited functionality if your browser does not accept cookies. This may result in a diminished customer experience.
Important things to note:
- Cookies only store information from your browser and it cannot access data on the users’ device.
- Cookies are text files therefore it cannot send viruses to the users’ device.
- If more than one user uses a device, the experience of our website would be customized based on the behaviour of all the users.
- If you disable cookies it will not delete previous cookies collected, but it will stop new cookies from being collected.
View Cookie Notice here